The Easiest Homemade Pizza Crust
Hey there! I often ask the kids to help me pick meals for our meal plan. Without a doubt, each of them always say: "PIZZA"!
I learned to make pizza crust from scratch in Home Ec class back in junior high school in Hanna, where I grew up! We had the best Home Ec. teacher (shout out to Miss Hauck!) those couple of years in the old school and many of the recipes we learned stuck with us. I've been using the same pizza recipe ever since!
With only 4 ingredients, it's the easiest pizza recipe by far.
This recipe will make 2 to 3 pizza crusts, depending on how think you like your crust!
Some of our favorite pizza toppings:
- pulled pork with pineapple and barbecue sauce (Lazuli Farms pork shoulder)
- shredded chicken & bacon with alfredo sauce and green onions (Lazuli Farms bacon)
- all cheese pizza made with italian dressing, mozzarella, cheddar, and parmesan cheese
- sliced sausage and sauteed bell pepper strips (Lazuli Farms sausage)
- breakfast pizza complete with scrambled eggs, bacon, breakfast sausage, and lots of cheese (Lazuli Farms bacon, Lazuli Farms breakfast sausage)
- leftover ham with pineapple, or ham with caramelized onion, or ham with loads of cheese (Lazuli Farms ham)
Lazuli Farms Homemade Pizza Crust
3 - 3/4 cups all purpose flour
5 teaspoons quick rise yeast
1 - 2/3 cup warm water
5 teaspoons olive oil
Preheat the oven to 425F and grease 2 or 3 pizza pans.
Mix flour and yeast in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture.
In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, mix the water and oil. Pour the oil and water mixture into the well in the flour bowl. Mix with a fork until the flour is blended in as best as possible, and the dough forms into a ball. Add additional flour if the dough is sticky. Add additional water if dough is too dry.
Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 minutes until dough is smooth, firm, and slightly sticky to the touch. Grease a bowl, place the dough ball in the bowl, cover the bowl with a clean tea towel or plastic wrap, and let rise in warm spot for for 1/2 to 1 hour. Dough should be approximately doubled in size.
Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces.
Roll out each piece into a circle and transfer to an oiled pizza pan. Top with your favorite pizza toppings.
Bake at 425F for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is lightly browned.