Loaded Baked Potato Casserole with Shredded Chicken or Pulled Pork
Okay, it's time to get on the LEFTOVERS train! One of the best ways to stretch your food budget and to make multiple meals from one roast or one whole chicken, is to make a PLAN for your leftovers. Cook up a pork or beef roast or a whole chicken overnight in the slow cooker, then shred the meat and tuck it in the fridge for future meals. One roast or whole chicken can provide meat to make 2 to 4 meals for a family or couple!
This recipe for loaded baked potato casserole combines your leftover pulled pork, shredded chicken (or leftover roast beef) with pre-cooked potatoes, cheese, and sour cream for a "taste" of baked potato in a casserole!
With a little planning (pre-cooking your meat and potatoes) this casserole can come together and be on the table in under 30 minutes.
Easy peasy right!
Check out the recipe below!
Loaded Baked Potato Casserole with Shredded Chicken or Pork Recipe
- 4 cups cooked, shredded or cubed whole chicken or pulled pork (shoulder roast)
- 4 cups cooked, cubed, baked potato (try this easy technique to make "baked" potatoes in the slow cooker)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup reserved for the top
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup crumbled, cooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion or 1 diced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
Grease a 9x13 casserole dish with bacon grease, lard, butter, or oil.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients together except the 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
Dump the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and bake to 15 to 20 minutes in the oven. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is bubbling.