Homemade Zippy Barbecue Sauce
We love this BBQ sauce on everything! It's easy to make and has a little bit of heat from the pepper! You can cut back on the pepper and optional cayenne to minimize the heat.
Pair this BBQ sauce with our favorite ribs recipe (on the smoker) here.
Or try it with:
- pulled pork
- as a sauce on pizza (try pulled pork, shredded beef or chicken)
- meat loaf
Zippy Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 ounce or 398 mL)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika (plain or smoked)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of cayenne
Mix all ingredients in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes until thickened slightly.
Once cool, transfer to a mason jar. Store in the fridge for up to a week.