Easy Sheet Pan Meals
I love me a quick & easy meal that's also healthy. That's why I often turn to sheet pan meals especially when there are veggies to be used up in my fridge or when the garden is in abundance!
There are so many options for meat, vegetable, and seasoning - you'll never feel like it's the same meal twice! Let's go through each one and explore the endless options.
- sausage (cut into pieces with kitchen scissors)
- pork loin (cut into bite size pieces or strips)
- steak strips (flank, flat iron, round, and sirloin are great choices)
- chicken (breast or thigh, cut into pieces)
Cut your meat up prior to cooking. Use approximately 1 pound for 4 people.
- bell peppers
- onions (purple or white or green)
- green beans
- cherry tomatoes
- brussel sprouts
- sweet potato
- butternut squash
Cut your veggies up into bite size pieces. Plan for approximately 1/2 to 1 cup of veggies per person.
Choose a dry rub or a marinade for the sheet pan meal. This is where you can get creative & have fun. Some ideas:
- lemon juice & olive oil (especially for pork, chicken, or fish)
- soya sauce & olive oil
- taco or fajita seasoning
- honey & dijon mustard
- jerk seasoning
TIPS & TRICKS:
You can eat your sheet pan meal as is. Or serve it with a side of rice or noodles. Grill a stack of flour tortillas and fill them with the sheet pan meat & veggies for a fajita meal. Or top a pre-cooked pizza crust with the meat & veggies, plus cheese and cook until the cheese melts.